What is required to attend Perth Shoulder Clinic?
- A valid GP or Specialist referral is required to see either of our Surgeons. This is a Medicare requirement and enables you to receive your rebate from Medicare. A referral from a General Practitioner is valid for 12 months, a referral from a Specialist is valid for 3 months.
- Your referral must specify:
- Surgeon and practice name
- Affected limb
- Referring doctor name and provider number
- If required, details of your approved insurance claim through Workers Compensation or the Insurance Commission of WA (ICWA).
- At Perth Shoulder Clinic (Bethesda Hospital) Mr Booth sees private patients, Department Of Veterans’ Affairs patients, Workers’ Compensation patients as well as those with accepted Motor Vehicle Accident claims.
- Mr Goebel consults and performs surgery at Perth Shoulder Clinic (private) and at Joondalup Health Campus (private and public). He sees private patients, public patients, Department Of Veterans’ Affairs patients, Workers’ Compensation patients as well as those with accepted Motor Vehicle Accident claims at both locations.
What will you need to bring to your appointment?
- A valid referral (please obtain before appointment).
- Your Medicare card, Private Health card, Pension card, DVA card.
- Workers Compensation or ICWA claim number if applicable.
- A recent X-ray of the affected shoulder. This can be organised by our rooms prior to consult if required. Please bring any previous imaging studies of your shoulder. If required our staff can organise MRI scans for country patients prior to your consultation. Please note that if you have any metallic implants or a pacemaker in situ an MRI cannot be preformed and instead a CT arthrogram can be organised.
What will be your costs on the day of consultation?
- Your initial consultation is $200 (Medicare rebate $72.75)
- Subsequent appointments are $100 (Medicare rebate $36.55)
- Workers’ Compensation, DVA and MVIT will be billed directly to the insurer. If your claim is not approved or denied at any point all of these accounts will become your responsibility.
- If surgery is required, a quote will be provided indicating your out of pocket “GAP” expense, which is dependent on your Health Fund.
How to find Perth Shoulder Clinic:
- We are located at Bethesda Hospital, 25 Queenslea Drive, Claremont. Our practice rooms are on the ground floor of the hospital, they are sign-posted within the hospital.
- Claremont train station is a 10 minute walk from the hospital, on the Fremantle Line.
- Transperth bus number 103, 107 or 24 depart from St Georges Terrace Perth to Claremont.
- There is a car park at Bethesda Hospital with ticket parking required, $2 per hour.
How to find Joondalup Health Campus Suite 115:
- For your consultation at Joondalup Health Campus, Mr Goebel is located in the Specialist Medical Centre West, Suite 115, Level 1 (above the cafe) within Joondalup Health Campus, Shenton Avenue, Joondalup.
- Transperth bus number 467 or 468 or 471 or 473 or 474 leave from Williams Street Perth. The Joondalup train station is a 20 minute walk from the Joondalup Health Campus on the Joondalup Line.
- There is a public car park at Joondalup Health Campus with ticket parking.